Wednesday, June 29, 2005

No. The rumors are not true that True Blue Liberal now has a job writing speeches for the White House!

I may not be putting words into his mouth.
However, the similarities are eerie between my
prediction from yesterday and the speech itself.
blue cheer bush

My prediction
:
"Good Evening My Fellow Merkins" "I'm Honored to Be Here at Fort Bragg in Front of this Uniformed Uniform Audience of Non-Liberals" "The World Changed On 9/11" "They Attacked Us" "It's Hard Work" "Salute the Brave Soldiers and Soldierettes" "We're Fighting Terrists Over There so We Don't Have to Fight Them Over Here in the Heimat ... uh, Homeland" "Support Our Troops" "July Fourth This Weekend" "Blessings of Liberty" "Flag Flag Flag" "God Bless America and No One Else" "Goodnight"

He hit every one of my bullet points. And here's an excerpt from the pep rally . . . uh, I mean speech itself. I was especially proud to have predicted this fourth of July/flag reference (from whitehouse.gov):
" ... The American people are behind you. Next week, our nation has an opportunity to make sure that support is felt by every soldier, sailor, airman, Coast Guardsman, and Marine at every outpost across the world. This Fourth of July, I ask you to find a way to thank the men and women defending our freedom -- by flying the flag ... "

Any guesses about what symbol Karl Rove is going to use as the centerpiece of his attack ads in the 2006 midterm elections? I'll give you a hint. It's red, white, and blue, and Congress is trying to pass a Constitutional Amendment about it.
Number of references to "weapons of mass destruction" or "WMD" in last night's Iraq Justification & Continuation speech? Zero.
Number of references to "September 11th, 2001" as a reason for our invasion of, and permanent presence in, Iraq? Five.
Big lies require constant repetition and staying resolutely "on message", which is why it's not very hard to predict what this guy is going to say whenever the teleprompter (or the electronic box under his suit jacket) is turned on. The networks should be ashamed to give him air time.

1 comment:

Pax Romano said...

Dear god, you did hit it! I knew the obligatory 9/11 reference would happen, but the way you got all of the rest of those points, it's uncanny I tell ya!