Thursday, February 27, 2014

Today's Fine White Whine Comes With a Southern Accent (and an extra pinch of sugar in the whine)

After you've lost your position on The Food Network for past statements involving the N-word, this is probably not the right quote to have appearing in print in People Magazine during your comeback tour.
"I feel like 'embattled' or 'disgraced' will always follow my name. It's like that black football player who recently came out. He said, 'I just want to be known as a football player. I don't want to be known as a gay football player.' I know exactly what he's saying." --Paula Deen
 Always one to follow a recipe correctly, Paula's Fine White Whine does have just the perfect proportion of self pity mixed with the mandatory grabbing of the picked-on underdog's mantle.

No comments: