Tuesday, June 19, 2012

On the Bus

All the talk about Mitt Romney on his bus tour of the US is making me think about THE bus trip (at least for those of us who came of age in a certain era), so I sought out this video of Jerry Garcia and Ken Kesey on Tom Snyder's Tomorrow Show discussing the Acid Tests (and is it just me, or does Tom seem like he's doing an animated impression of Dan Ackroyd doing an especially clueless Tom Snyder?):

 
 Even with Tom Snyder's strange reference to the antichrist of rock, Ted Nugent, this helped me detox from seeing Republicans on my television and computer.

 
Escapin' through the lily fields
I came across an empty space
It trembled and exploded
Left a bus stop in its place
The bus came by and I got on
That's when it all began
There was cowboy Neal
At the wheel
Of a bus to never-ever land

No comments: