Monday, January 23, 2017

Some of my favorite signs from Saturday's Women's March in D.C.

Anyone who was at the sprawling massive Women's March on D.C. last Saturday could only see a small sample of the tens of thousands of creative signs that were made and carried by the hundreds of thousands of marchers. Here are a few of the favorites that crossed my path (most of these photos were taken from a precarious perch on top of a temporary seven-foot tall fence near the Hirschhorn Museum).

"We are the Great-Grand-DAUGHTERS of the Witches you didn't BURN!"
"PUTIN IS NOT MY PRES."
"ORANGE YOU SICK OF HIM YET?"
"DONALD TRUMP HAS A CIRCUS PEANUT FOR A DICK"

"1962 is Calling. DON'T ANSWER!"

"The Presidency Is NOT an Apprenticeship"

"FREE MELANIA" A popular sentiment expressed by many poster artists.

"YOU'RE THE PUPPET"
"DUCK FONALD"
"I'M WITH HER" (with arrows pointing toward the other marchers)
"NOT USUALLY A SIGN PERSON, BUT C'MON"

"THIS PUSSY GRABS BACK"

"THE FEMPIRE STRIKES BACK"

"I'M NOT YOUR SISTER, I'M NOT YOUR DAUGHTER, BUT I'M A FUCKING HUMAN"

"Donny you're out of your element / So you have no frame of reference here Donny"
and
"THEY TRIED TO BURY US. THEY DIDN'T KNOW WE WERE SEEDS. Mexican Proverb"

"KEEP YOUR Tiny Hands OFF MY RIGHTS"

"Not Mein Führer"

"Good Morning America / YOU HAVE A SHITHEAD FOR PRESIDENT"

"SORRY WORLD"

"I WANT SUBSTANTIVE CHANGE BUT WILL SETTLE FOR YOU NOT KILLING US. 

"Many Snowflakes together make an AVALANCHE!"

"DON'T TREAD ON ME" (with a uterine twist)

"NO DICKTATER"
and
"GIRLS just wanna have FUNDING for SCIENCE"

"TWEETING DOESN'T MAKE IT TWUE!"

"WE ARE NOT NASTY / WE ARE REVOLTING"
"'People call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that distinguish me from a doormat.' -- Rebecca West, Suffragette -1913-"
"THE OPPRESSION OF WOMEN BELONGS IN A MUSEUM"
"SHUT THE F*CK UP DONNY"
"DONNY, YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT"
and
"THIS ISN'T NAM / THERE ARE RULES"
"WELCOME TO MOSCOW ON THE POTOMAC"
"Dear Donald, Go fuck yourself" (expressed politely with cursive and flowers)
"I AM NOT FREE IF ANY WOMAN IS NOT FREE. --Audre Lorde"
"THEY PUT THE 'MOCK' IN DEMOCKRACY"
"P.S. -- I CAN'T BELIEVE WE STILL HAVE TO PROTEST THIS SHIT!"

"I WALK for my MOTHER SISTER and the FUTURE"
"Ceci n'est pas un président."
"IGNORANCE ALLIED w/POWER IS THE MOST FEROCIOUS ENEMY JUSTICE CAN HAVE." ~~JAMES BALDWIN
" 'You have to treat [women] like SHIT.' --Fuhrer von Gropenpussy"
"RIGGED PIG"
and
"KEEP YOUR TINY HANDS OFF OUR RIGHTS"
"WE SHALL OVERCOMB"

An annotated Donald Trump battle flag near the White House.

"SEXUAL PREDATOR LIVES HERE"
A friendly official Neighborhood Watch warning across Lafayette Square from the White House

No comments: